Author Topic: HELP ME FIND HARRIET!  (Read 824 times)

Offline claddaghduff

• View Profile
HELP ME FIND HARRIET!
« on: April 22, 2011, 01:45:02 PM »
Hi all,

I've just had my 1993 Defender 110 van, aka Harriet, stolen from outside my house in Rushall, Walsall, West Midlands. If anyone sees her please let me know!

For what it's worth, the Reg No is/was K561SUY and it is/was white all over (well dirty white anyway - give or take the odd rusty spot where the upper and lower body sections join - it's amazing what white gaffer tape can hide...)

She is/was running on Cooper Discovery ATRs (brand new, of course...) but was otherwise completely standard and (you'd have thought) unremarkable!

But she is/was my pride and joy!!

Help find Harriet!

Thanks...

Ben

Offline claddaghduff

• View Profile
HELP ME FIND HARRIET!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 01:47:53 PM »
Hello everybody,

I was referred here by the venerable members of LandyZone.

I've just had my 1993 Defender 110 van, aka Harriet, stolen from outside my house in Rushall, Walsall, West Midlands. If anyone sees her please let me know!

For what it's worth, the Reg No is/was K561SUY and it is/was white all over (well dirty white anyway - give or take the odd rusty spot where the upper and lower body sections join - it's amazing what white gaffer tape can hide...)

It is/was running on Cooper Discovery ATRs (brand new, of course...) but was otherwise completely standard and (you'd have thought) unremarkable!

But she is/was my pride and joy!!

Help find Harriet!

Thanks...

Ben

Offline admin

• AKA Rik
  • Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
  • LandyWatch Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LandyWatch
Re: HELP ME FIND HARRIET!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 02:50:25 PM »
Welcome to LandyWatch, im sure our members will keep an eye out for your truck. Do you have any photos that could help us?

We will have a mapping system up and running soon that will allow us to track where vehicles are being stolen, and hopefully where they turn up.

Sorry to hear about your loss!

all the best

Rik

Offline claddaghduff

• View Profile
Re: HELP ME FIND HARRIET!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 10:28:30 PM »
Rik, and everyone,

Weird, isn't it? Just when you need those specially posed photos you took you can't find them! I'm searching a big hard drive for some likely shots - but of course we never index them or rename them appropriately do we?

Your interest/help is really appreciated. I think the mapping idea is great - you'd think the police would have this covered... Perhaps not.

Ben

Offline admin

• AKA Rik
  • Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
  • LandyWatch Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LandyWatch
Re: Re: HELP ME FIND HARRIET!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 11:05:17 PM »
Rik, and everyone,

Weird, isn't it? Just when you need those specially posed photos you took you can't find them! I'm searching a big hard drive for some likely shots - but of course we never index them or rename them appropriately do we?

Your interest/help is really appreciated. I think the mapping idea is great - you'd think the police would have this covered... Perhaps not.

Ben

I don't think the police can keep up. Hopefully we can get one step ahead. The tide will turn and we will be right there.

Statistics -

LandyWatch Forum - Keeping an eye on your Land Rover - Info Center

Forum Stats Forum Stats

7560 Posts in 1205 Topics by 1151 Members. Latest Member: Joninreading
View the most recent posts on the forum.
[More Stats]

Users Online Users Online

11 Guests, 1 User (3 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
LandyDDM, Yahoo!, Google, Baidu

Most Online Today: 23. Most Online Ever: 91 (October 16, 2012, 05:59:14 PM)