Author Topic: 110 & 90 Stolen from same address on 8/9th Jan 2012  (Read 1494 times)

Offline admin

• AKA Rik
  • Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
  • LandyWatch Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LandyWatch
Re: 110 & 90 Stolen from same address on 8/9th Jan 2012
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 03:11:27 PM »
Update -

Don't know if its connected but our next door neighbours were paid a 'visit' last night (exactly 1 week since our 110 & 90 were stolen) and at approx 01.15 they took 4 containers of parafin!! Approx 100 worth.

Thats odd, is it just me or is that an odd thing to steal?

Online Landy1uk

• Hero LandyWatcher
  • Social Networking Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 03:14:51 PM »
probley thought it was diesel or petrol saying that the containers were probley mark what was in them,

Offline Party Monkey

• Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 08:31:57 AM »
Update -

Don't know if its connected but our next door neighbours were paid a 'visit' last night (exactly 1 week since our 110 & 90 were stolen) and at approx 01.15 they took 4 containers of parafin!! Approx 100 worth.

Hi Oxcroft Landy - was it Parafin or Kerosene ?    Kerosene is home heating fuel.   I always think of Parafin as a clean burning fuel for stoves/lamps.   
Would make more sense if they pinched Kerosene

Edit : Or maybe they didn't have a clue what was in it and just took a flyer
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:48:21 AM by Party Monkey »
Jon - 110 Td5

Offline oxcroftlandy

• LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »
Update -

Hi Oxcroft Landy - was it Parafin or Kerosene ?    Kerosene is home heating fuel.   I always think of Parafin as a clean burning fuel for stoves/lamps.   
Would make more sense if they pinched Kerosene

Edit : Or maybe they didn't have a clue what was in it and just took a flyer

Hi Party Monkey,
It was parafin (they are a nursery so probably for heating greenhouses?)

We have now installed 4 cameras outside, i know it won't stop them taking anything else but at least we will see them and how they do it.

Offline Party Monkey

• Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 09:38:03 AM »
Hi OxcroftLandy...

Do your cameras react in any way to motion, i.e flicks on security lights or warns you at all inside the house ?   I'm just thinking it would be good if they could give you some form of alert, and also act as a deterrent for anyone being a bit too nosey. 

I did think about them triggering an external alarm too but I'm not sure if they'd be too sensitive so a cat or fox etc would trigger them..... Difficult sometimes to get the balance between security and it becoming a false alarm nuisance.
Jon - 110 Td5

Offline oxcroftlandy

• LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 10:22:48 AM »
Hi OxcroftLandy...

Do your cameras react in any way to motion, i.e flicks on security lights or warns you at all inside the house ?   I'm just thinking it would be good if they could give you some form of alert, and also act as a deterrent for anyone being a bit too nosey. 

I did think about them triggering an external alarm too but I'm not sure if they'd be too sensitive so a cat or fox etc would trigger them..... Difficult sometimes to get the balance between security and it becoming a false alarm nuisance.

Yes they have motion sensors on them and if anyone walks in front of them or tries to move them from a certain line of vision or cuts the cables they alert us by beeping inside the house. It records continuously or you can set it just to record when something moves.

Offline Party Monkey

• Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 10:38:43 AM »
Hi OxcroftLandy...

Yes they have motion sensors on them and if anyone walks in front of them or tries to move them from a certain line of vision or cuts the cables they alert us by beeping inside the house. It records continuously or you can set it just to record when something moves.

Good stuff :)
Jon - 110 Td5

Statistics -

LandyWatch Forum - Keeping an eye on your Land Rover - Info Center

Forum Stats Forum Stats

7548 Posts in 1187 Topics by 1080 Members. Latest Member: DotMorris
View the most recent posts on the forum.
[More Stats]

Users Online Users Online

9 Guests, 2 Users (5 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Landy1uk, crg54, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (2)

Most Online Today: 20. Most Online Ever: 91 (October 16, 2012, 05:59:14 PM)