Author Topic: stolen defender  (Read 1172 times)

Offline roysworld@btinternet.com

• View Profile
stolen defender
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:16:16 PM »
land rover defender 90 stolen from upperbeeding,west sussex 6th jan at 6pm ,was driven away and I think had been targeted!! landy is white station wagon type h599eut it has black chequer plate in the usual places ,scorpion winch bumper,black zu wheels with 285 bf goodridge mud terrains,the front an rear axles are professionally powder coated yellow and britpart 2inch lift kit again yellow also polybushed alround again yellow,the lights are river runner leds allround .This landy is so recognisable for its running gear is mostly yellow!!!

Edit : Database updated
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 12:11:39 AM by Party Monkey »

Online Landy1uk

• Hero LandyWatcher
  • Social Networking Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: stolen defender
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 10:24:21 PM »
Sorry to hear this
Have Posted on Facebook and Twitter

Offline Party Monkey

• Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 12:13:54 AM »
Sorry to hear mate.    I see you've posted on LZ .    Stick it on as many forums as you can!

I'll give West Sussex folk a heads up on Defender2

Out of interest - you didn't mention security devices.     Was there anything in place at all that they got around to drive her away ?
LW4

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 01:38:39 PM »
Sorry to hear mate.    I see you've posted on LZ .    Stick it on as many forums as you can!

I'll give West Sussex folk a heads up on Defender2

Out of interest - you didn't mention security devices.     Was there anything in place at all that they got around to drive her away ?
[/quothi thanks for response ,but no my bad no security devices !!!e]

Offline Party Monkey

• Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 02:04:26 PM »
Thanks Roy,

I can't remember if an 'H' plate 90/Defender has any factory alarm/immobiliser?    My mates got a 'C' plate and that has no factory security, so not sure when they started putting alarm/immobilisers in    Did it have anything at all ??

Sorry, I'm not poking fun or trying to rub salt in the wounds, it's just that we (and also the folk on Landyzone too) are trying to see what security devices are being beaten.
LW4

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 06:38:10 PM »
Thanks Roy,

I can't remember if an 'H' plate 90/Defender has any factory alarm/immobiliser?    My mates got a 'C' plate and that has no factory security, so not sure when they started putting alarm/immobilisers in    Did it have anything at all ??

Sorry, I'm not poking fun or trying to rub salt in the wounds, it's just that we (and also the folk on Landyzone too) are trying to see what security devices are being beaten.
no offence taken. you guys are doing a great job but my landy was manufactured with out any alarm or immobiliser!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »
Thanks Roy,

Thanks Roy,

no offence taken. you guys are doing a great job but my landy was manufactured with out any alarm or immobiliser!
hi,thanks to all my landy has been recovered by the police ,it was parked up 6miles away ,police think it may have been left in wait with suspicions that it may have a tracker in it !! hurray for the vidulance of the local bobby!!!

Online Landy1uk

• Hero LandyWatcher
  • Social Networking Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 09:52:44 PM »
Cool Glad to Hear that that's excellent news

Offline Party Monkey

• Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 10:39:04 PM »
Excellent stuff and well done to the local bobby !     Delighted you've got her back.   I'll update the database.  Were the police able to get any leads?

On a practical note,   please have a look around this site at some of the extra security that you can employ to help prevent this happening again :)
LW4

Offline lynall

• Sr. LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 05:25:40 PM »
Brilliant time to actually buy a visoinaire tracker i would imagine?

Lynall

Offline admin

• AKA Rik
  • Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
  • LandyWatch Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LandyWatch
Re: Re: stolen defender
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 09:26:48 AM »
Brilliant time to actually buy a visoinaire tracker i would imagine?

Lynall

They come highly reccomended...

Offline leon_81

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 05:00:57 PM »
Wow - that's fantastic news!  Still no news about my Disco that was taken - 2 weeks tomorrow, even less chance of it turning up I guess :(

Offline Chris

• LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
    • shropshire land rovers
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 08:40:39 AM »
That's great news.

Chris.

Statistics -

LandyWatch Forum - Keeping an eye on your Land Rover - Info Center

Forum Stats Forum Stats

7411 Posts in 1164 Topics by 1035 Members. Latest Member: al_hughes
View the most recent posts on the forum.
[More Stats]

Users Online Users Online

6 Guests, 2 Users (2 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
SVR, Landy1uk, Google, Baidu

Most Online Today: 17. Most Online Ever: 91 (October 16, 2012, 05:59:14 PM)