Author Topic: LandyWatch Weekend Bash  (Read 9925 times)

Offline admin

• AKA Rik
  • Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
  • LandyWatch Administrator
    • View Profile
    • LandyWatch
LandyWatch Weekend Bash
« on: July 13, 2011, 12:07:57 PM »
Official information can be found here: http://www.landywatch.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=174.0

Me and Disco924 have been talking about arranging a LandyWatch get together weekend camping bash thing.

We are thinking end of September or October.

It will be a camping weekend, we have access to a camp site in Wales, with some excellent green laning on some rarely used lanes and access to areas usually off limits, and also a night stage which sounds excellent, where they run the night rally's!

We are still discussing dates however I wanted to get the word out to you guys and let you know what we are planning.

Would be a great way of meeting up with people and the laning in the area is truly excellent.

Hope you like the idea!  8) 8) 8)

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:58:08 PM by admin »

Online Landy1uk

• Hero LandyWatcher
  • Social Networking Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: LandyWatch Weekend Bash
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 01:06:48 PM »
Sounds cool i'm hopefull on leave in october not sure where going yet,
Have you a rough idear of aera so i can look at places, around there
Have mum on hols get's her out and about so be staying in either static van or chalet also all depends on dates

Offline admin

• AKA Rik
  • Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
    • LandyWatch
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 01:12:20 PM »
Sounds cool i'm hopefull on leave in october not sure where going yet,
Have you a rough idear of aera so i can look at places, around there
Have mum on hols get's her out and about so be staying in either static van or chalet also all depends on dates

We would be on a camp site in the Pwhelli area.

disco924

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 01:16:59 PM »
rik and i were thinking of halloween bonfire night because kids are off school  weekend it will be have to look at calender to double check the more people the better including family don,t  have to have a 4x4 as we will be needing volunteer marshalls to stamp time cards and such to point to correct routes especially the night stage which takes about 2 hrs in daylight so double that up for night time with prize for winner don,t what but donations towards 1st 2nd and 3rd place prizes would be appreciated

Offline admin

• AKA Rik
  • Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
    • LandyWatch
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 01:18:24 PM »
rik and i were thinking of halloween bonfire night because kids are off school  weekend it will be have to look at calender to double check the more people the better including family don,t  have to have a 4x4 as we will be needing volunteer marshalls to stamp time cards and such to point to correct routes especially the night stage which takes about 2 hrs in daylight so double that up for night time with prize for winner don,t what but donations towards 1st 2nd and 3rd place prizes would be appreciated

I am sure we could sort out some prizes. Possibly donations from companies or something?

Offline Taylor

• LandyWatcher
  • And if my granny had baws she'd be my grandad...
    • View Profile
    • Northeast Laners
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 02:11:25 PM »
Sounds good... I'll be up for it if it fits in with shifts  :) :)

Offline onfire

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 04:22:52 PM »
Sounds great to me ... as long as the dates fit

Offline Party Monkey

• Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 05:47:33 PM »
Sounds good..... subject dates etc....

There's more chance of hell freezing over than me getting the missus to spend a cuppla nights under canvas but I'll have a chat with middle kiddie tonight and see if we can start the emotional blackmail, so at least he and I get a pass out   8)

Under the thumb??............. abso-bloomin'-lutely  :-X

Edit : Feck ! - just remembered, we away on hols at end of October half term week.   Will keep get the lad to start work on the missus in the meantime anyway :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:50:43 PM by Party Monkey »
Jon - 110 Td5

Offline sniff my diff

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 10:06:56 PM »
I might be able to come along . I am being made redundant in 5 weeks , and starting my own photography business . So unless a job comes along , I can do what I like :-)

Mark

Offline anthony1664

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 10:41:36 PM »
sounds good, hopefully I will have got the old fella through an MOT and fitted the LPG by then, bit of laning & camping sounds just what the doctor ordered

Offline admin

• AKA Rik
  • Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
    • LandyWatch
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 11:38:23 PM »
Sounds like it will turn into an excellent weekend with good company, good lanes, and a special night road rally just for us!
Where else can you get all that but at LandyWatch?

disco924

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 10:28:02 AM »
sounds like most of you would want to come so he dates will be 4th, the 5th, the 6th of november
which is friday/saturday/sunday. the more people that sign up or come would be great as its means a bigger discount for your selfs camping/or carvans as the site i have in mind takes both
with all mod cons including washing machines and tumble dryers +showers and electric hookups
+ if weathers like year will still be fairly warm. night stage would be a time'd event with prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. so i look forwards to seeing all of you there message me or rik and i will
try and get the site fee,s as low as possable but that can only happen if as many of you come as
poss
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:32:03 AM by disco924 »

Offline admin

• AKA Rik
  • Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
    • LandyWatch
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 11:46:57 AM »
sounds like most of you would want to come so he dates will be 4th, the 5th, the 6th of november
which is friday/saturday/sunday. the more people that sign up or come would be great as its means a bigger discount for your selfs camping/or carvans as the site i have in mind takes both
with all mod cons including washing machines and tumble dryers +showers and electric hookups
+ if weathers like year will still be fairly warm. night stage would be a time'd event with prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. so i look forwards to seeing all of you there message me or rik and i will
try and get the site fee,s as low as possable but that can only happen if as many of you come as
poss

Good work Dave. I will get onto some Landy related companies at Billing and see if they would be willing to sponsor the event with prizes for the night stage. See what I can haggle out of them.

The more the merrier and hopefully it can be a yearly event.

disco924

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 10:22:52 AM »
We now have trophies to award for 1st 2nd and 3rd place on the competition night stage kindly donated by the porthmadog gold shop i think if we have an event next year if all goes well with this years event the winners will hold trophy for a year they will also get a certificate each to say they finished in first, second, and third plus any prizes we manage to get hopeful rik agrees

Offline admin

• AKA Rik
  • Administrator
  • Hero LandyWatcher
    • View Profile
    • LandyWatch
Re: Re: LandyWatch Weekend Bash
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 09:19:21 AM »
We now have trophies to award for 1st 2nd and 3rd place on the competition night stage kindly donated by the porthmadog gold shop i think if we have an event next year if all goes well with this years event the winners will hold trophy for a year they will also get a certificate each to say they finished in first, second, and third plus any prizes we manage to get hopeful rik agrees

That's brilliant!

Statistics -

LandyWatch Forum - Keeping an eye on your Land Rover - Info Center

Forum Stats Forum Stats

7548 Posts in 1187 Topics by 1080 Members. Latest Member: DotMorris
View the most recent posts on the forum.
[More Stats]

Users Online Users Online

9 Guests, 2 Users (5 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Landy1uk, crg54, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (2)

Most Online Today: 20. Most Online Ever: 91 (October 16, 2012, 05:59:14 PM)