I have just changed a few settings and it appears to be working fine.
Any problems please let us know.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - admin
Agreed guys. I know the ads can be a bit of a pain, but he can clearly help us with the back end of the site, and keep us online.
I will let him know that we will go with it.
If he doesn't own a landy now, he may do once he gets started with the management of the servers!
Nice one guys!
As you know, we had an issue with the site over the past couple of days which has highlighted that we are lacking knowledge of keeping everything in tip top condition.
The site was repaired by Spike at our hosting company HostAndGo and he has offered to help us to keep the back end of the site running perfectly, keep us safe from hackers, up to date, run backups and general maintainance of the back end so this does not happen again.
I think this would be a good thing as it would allow us to keep everything running perfectly so we can get on with what we do best.
He has offered to do this by adding adverts to the site and he gets what the ads make. They wont be everywhere, just a few banner ads and things like that, and he has assured me that we wont have the Russian Bride ads again, or spam ads, so it wont be like it was when we used to have the ads.
He has also said that this will remove our hosting fees, so the site will run for free and he will look after everything.
I have said I wanted to run it by you all first, but I think it would be a good thing for us allowing us to get on with what we do, while making sure the site stays running perfectly without any hickups.
What do you guys think?
« on: April 03, 2013, 10:25:38 AM »
also on fb
Nice 1 Jon!
Rik - take a look at Defender11069 post here
« on: March 31, 2013, 09:55:59 AM »
Now on LandyZone & Defender2 forums
Nice one Jon. Its a good mate of mine so hopefully we can get it found. Hes had around 200 phone calls already, so hopefully we will get somewhere!
« on: March 28, 2013, 05:11:32 PM »
- Date of theft - 27/03/2013
- Time of theft - 2AM
- General location from where the vehicle was stolen (e.g “Hallum area of Sheffield”). Please DO NOT post exact details of the location, particularly if it was taken from your home. - WN2, Aspull, Wigan
- Model of Land Rover - Defender 90
- Body style (e.g “Station Wagon”, “Hard Top” etc.) - Station Wagon
- Engine (e.g “Tdi”, “Td5” etc.) - 2.5 Diesel
- Colour - Blue with White Roof - Red Snorkle
- Registration number - E79 JBF
- Chassis/VIN number (Optional, if you are happy to have this public for risk of 'ringing') - SALLDVAB7AA306500
- Engine number - 19J07781C
- Security features that were employed on the vehicle (e.g “Steering wheel lock”, "Pedal lock", “Aftermarket alarm”, "Factory alarm". Please include brand names where applicable) - Toad alarm, & Cut Off Switch
- Distinguishing features (damage, mods, anything that you think would help identify your vehicle) - Big red snorkle, raised drivers seat, Bulkhead removal bar, new cloth seats, new exhaust, new UJ's, new propshaft, bump on left hand wing, bumper kinked on left hand side, rear seats, tinted rear windows, back door handle is rusty,
- Contact details of the relevant Police force handling the theft + crime number - Greater Manchester Police - Wigan - Crime Ref:42837N/13
- (OPTIONAL) Your contact details if you are happy to have them public - Kev - 07943 395535
- Pictures of the vehicle - Attached
[Edit : Database updated]
« on: October 11, 2012, 09:16:36 AM »
Yes mate i believe so. Dave has put a photo up on Facebook, it was a lovely 90.
« on: October 10, 2012, 08:39:24 AM »
Date of theft 10/10/12
- Time of theft 05.30am
- General location from where the vehicle was stolen: Southdene, Kirkby, Liverpool
- Model of Land Rover: defender 90
- Body style hard top
- Engine: Awaiting info
- Colour: Orange and Black
- Registration number F505 MVU
- Chassis/VIN number : Await Info
- Engine number : Await Info
- Security features that were employed on the vehicle: Await Info
Much loved orange 90. Taken at 5.30am today 10/10/12 from Southdene, Kirkby
Vehicle was blocked in by 2 other cars, they broke into house, moved other cars out of the way and took the land rover.
It belongs to a good friend of mine and has spent years being restored.
I am awaiting photos and more information on the vehicle but it is distinctive, being black and orange.
List of modifications to follow. Please keep your eyes peeled, and if spotted please contact the police, and Dave on 07710 424010
[Edit : Database updated]
« on: June 08, 2012, 12:05:52 AM »
Hello rik and all LWs I have set up the system to start evaluation, first impression is I do not think it is suitable for use in a car, mainly because of the size of the PIR, also the colour, however this is early days, evaluation will continue and will be reported back. Regards Colin
Hope it proves useful, how about hiding it or some camouflage or a disguise? Strip the casing and refit in a speaker housing? Just thinking aloud.